We all leave things in our vehicle, some on purpose, others out of forgetfulness. There are 6 things you should never leave in your vehicle in the cold weather:
- Your cell phone. Your phone can shut off if it’s too cold and the battery can even get damaged. Not to mention the screens can crack.
- Pop or beer. So they can explode and get all over your car.
- Canned foods. Same as with pop…the water can freeze and expand, which could break the can’s seal and cause the food to spoil and cause a mess.
- Musical instruments, like a guitar. The wood can crack if it’s too cold. And even if that doesn’t happen, they can definitely go out of tune.
- Medication. Certain drugs can lose their effectiveness if they get too cold.
- A low gas tank. Keeping your tank more than half full helps prevent fuel lines from freezing. It’s also a good idea to check other fluids such as antifreeze. And the cold can affect tire pressure, so keep an eye on that too.
story credit: usatoday.com
photo credit: cbsnews.com/Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office