With it being International Cat Day, we thought that we would share with you some random Cat Facts:
- There are cats who have survived falls from over 32 stories onto concrete.
- A group of cats is called a clowder.
- Cats have over 20 muscles that control their ears.
- Cats sleep 70% of their lives.
- A cat has been mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska, for 15 years. His name is Stubbs.
- Evidence suggests domesticated cats have been around since 3600 B.C., 2,000 years before Egypt’s pharaohs.
- A cat’s purr may be a form of self-healing, the frequency of a domestic cat’s purr is the same at which muscles and bones repair themselves.
- Adult cats only meow to communicate with humans.
- Cats are often lactose intolerant
- In the 1960s, the CIA tried to turn a cat into a bonafide spy by implanting a microphone into her ear and a radio transmitter at the base of her skull. She somehow survived the surgery but got hit by a taxi on her first mission.
- Female cats are typically right-pawed while male cats are typically left-pawed.
- Cats make more than 100 different sounds whereas dogs make around 10.
- One legend claims that cats were created when a lion on Noah’s Ark sneezed and two kittens came out.
- When cats leave their poop uncovered, it is a sign of aggression to let you know they don’t fear you.
- When a family cat died in ancient Egypt, family members would shave off their eyebrows as they mourned.
- The oldest cat video on YouTube dates back to 1894 – and it’s just as entertaining as it was then.
photo credit: cattime.com
video credit: youtube/yvettegr