You did it Ontario! A single winning ticket for the whopping $70 million LOTTO MAX jackpot from the Tuesday, January 7, 2020 draw was sold in Brampton. Once the ticket holder(s) comes forward to claim their prize, this will be the biggest lottery prize ever awarded in Canadian history!
Last night’s draw produced some other big wins across the province:
– Six MAXMILLIONS tickets, worth $1,000,000 each, were sold in Brampton, Hamilton, the Niagara Region, Oshawa, Ottawa and Pickering.
– Two MAXMILLIONS tickets, worth $500,000 each, were sold in Niagara Falls and Perth County.
– Two MAXMILLIONS tickets, worth $333,333.40 each, were sold in Richmond Hill, Toronto and on PlayOLG.ca.
– Two second prize-winning tickets, worth $197,679.90 each, were sold in Brampton and York Region.
– Five ENCORE tickets, worth $100,000 each, were sold in Lanark County, Renfrew County, Simcoe County, Sudbury and on PlayOLG.ca.
Since its launch in September 2009, Ontario LOTTO MAX players have won over $5 billion, including 67 jackpot wins and 582 MAXMILLIONS prizes, right across the province.
LOTTO MAX draws are twice a week – on Tuesdays and Fridays. For each $5 play, players receive three sets of seven numbers ranging from one to fifty. Players must match all seven numbers, in any one set, to win the jackpot or the MAXMILLIONS prizes.
The next LOTTO MAX jackpot is estimated at $33 million. Players can purchase tickets at authorized OLG retailers or buy online at PlayOLG.ca until 10:30 p.m. Friday, January 10, 2020 for the draw that evening.