On November 23, 2017, members of the Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau – Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) executed a Search Warrant in the Village of Rockland. This was the culmination of an investigation, launched by the Russell County OPP Community Street Crime Unit, after several complaints from members of the community.
Investigators seized cocaine and methamphetamine (speed) pills worth over $4000, over two pounds of cannabis marihuana worth over $3000. Drug trafficking equipment, cash and a tazer-style weapon were also seized.
Patrick Lanthier, aged 40 from Rockland, ON and Chantal Gelinas, aged 39 from Rockland, were both arrested November 23, 2017 and jointly charged with the following:
- Possession of a substance in Schedule 2 (cannabis marihuana) for the purpose of trafficking- under 3kg C.D.S.A. Section 5(2)
- Possession of a substance in Schedule 1 (methamphetamine) for the purpose of trafficking- C.D.S.A. Section 5(2)
- Possession of a substance in Schedule 1 (cocaine) for the purpose of trafficking- C.D.S.A. Section 5(2)
- Possession of a prohibited weapon – CC 93(a)
- Possession of property obtained by crime in Canada under 5000$ -CC Section 353(1)(A)
Lanthier and Gelinas were both released on a promise to appear and are scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on in L’Orignal on December 23, 2017.
story credit: OPP Media Release